If you have had work on your well or maybe it was contaminated somehow (which is unlikely but not impossible), you may want to disinfect your well by treating it with an unscented bleach. This process is simple and here we have the steps you should take once you have poured the bleach down your well. These steps will help you achieve your desired result of cleaning your well as effectively as possible.
Here are the recommended steps to take after your well has been disinfected with unscented bleach.
Let the bleach stay in the system for 12 hours without running the water, if possible. But at least 2 hours.
Option 1: If you have a Frost‐Free Faucet, turn the faucet on closest to the well and let run until the bleach is purged.
*Make sure to remove water hose and let run open flow.
*May need to put something under faucet to prevent the water from washing the dirt out.
Option 2: If you have a buried Valve, hook up PVC to the valve and purge the system from that point. Run water until the bleach is purged.
Option 3: If you do not have above options, then run as much water throughout house as possible until the bleach is purged.
*Making sure that the pump is not cycling.